Title Update 3: Patch notes
04/12/2017 09:00 AM
Here are the patch notes for Title Update 3, available on April 12th around 8am UTC for consoles and on Friday morning for PC. As with the previous patch, we will have a small maintenance in order to update our servers to this new version. The patch size will be up to 5.3 GB on consoles and up to 6.5 GB on PC, depending on your client and installed version; an in-game notification will let you know when it’s available. Players in game will need to reboot the game to apply the patch. Please remember that in order to play co-op, all players will need to have the same version of the game.
This latest update focuses on improvements on game stability and bug fixing but we’ve also been gathering player feedback about certain issues and implemented changes in order to improve the user experience. For example, we fixed the Kingslayer files counter on the tacmap for the Media Luna and Inca Camina regions for those who are collecting every piece of intel around the map. We fixed a rare issue that left some players with their XP bars stuck at a certain level. XP boosters will now display the number of hours they last, and players who reported problems unlocking intel and missions while playing in co-op should have a smoother experience now. Additionally, we also addressed the reports of players stating the ADV suppressor ability wasn’t working properly for them.
Title Update 3 also marks the beginning of a much requested community feature: we are glad to introduce the first Live Season Challenges for Ghost Recon Wildlands! As we mentioned in our post-launch article, this feature will add new content for those of you who are eager to return to Bolivia to keep your Ghosts and Task Forces active. You will receive weekly orders to complete different objectives, some which can be completed playing solo and some which will require the help of the members of your Task Force or even the collaboration of the whole Ghost Recon community. If you meet the requirements to complete each challenge, you will be able to unlock various seasonal rewards, so don’t miss out!
If you want to know more about the Live Season Challenges, you can find them in the game menu once the patch is downloaded and you are deployed in-game. Please remember you need to be online to progress through the Live Season Challenges and get the rewards. The first 6 weeks are related to Unidad forces, but that’s all the intel we can give you for now. If you want more info, you can check our article on Live Season Challenges following this link. Good hunting, Ghosts!
Aside from these changes, we have also heard your feedback regarding the radio and dialogue between the Ghosts, so we made some changes to improve the narrative content delivery for players. The radio content randomization has been optimized, so now you should be able to listen to a variety of dialogues and songs every time you enter a car or are near a radio. On top of that, we made adjustments regarding the dialogues between AI teammates and the conversations related to missions so that they don’t repeat unnecessarily after they have been played.
For more information, here is the detailed list of fixes and improvements, with the PC specific ones at the end:
- -First Season of Live Season Challenges will be live on Tuesday, April 18th. The challenges and their requirements will be accessible from the game menu once the player is in-game. You can also view them on the website here.
- -Fixed a bug where the GPS would display the route for "El Emisario" instead of "Special Transport"
- -Fixed "The Chemist" teleporting when escaping in certain situations
- -Reload prompt no longer appears when accessing the command wheel
- -Fixed "Marcus Jensen" mission not updating for the client while in 2-players coop
- -Fixed an infinite XP exploit in extract missions
- -Fixed a bug where the VIP wouldn't appear in the truck when replaying "Death Truck"
- -Fixed a bug where "Target too far" would stay on screen in "The Mole" mission after locating the Unidad captain
- -Fixed missions NPC not spawning if the player leaves and return to the area in "The mule doctors"
- -Fixed a bug where El Cerebro's Assistant would not get into the car after failing the mission in "El Cerebro"
- -Fixed Bowman's call not triggering if the player fast travel during Pac Katari's call
- -Fixed the journalist not exiting the car if another player completes the "Free the journalist" objective in "The journalist"
- -Fixed a bug where the player could get stuck in the menus after validating a tutorial
- -Fixed GPS blinking when the player moves far away from the target
- -Fixed wrong number of Kingslayer files displayed on the tacmap in Media Luna and Inca Camina
- -Fixed the "Controls" section of the options menu not responding in certain occasions
- -Fixed a bug where the "Return to area of operations" message would remain on the screen even after returning to the area of operations
- -Fixed a bug where the objective of systemic activities would not display on the HUD
- -Pressing the R3 button while in passenger position of a vehicle will now display rear view
- -Added a new public matchmaking criteria based on difficulty level
- -Fixed a bug where a joining player could not see a NPC grabbed by a peer
- -Fixed intels not unlocking for players entering the province last, despite the mission being playable via mission sharing
- -Fixed SAM incoming missile alert not being replicated in coop
- -Fixed visual effects of the "don't press me" button not replicating in coop mode
- -Fixed absence of variation in the helicopter sound in co-op
- -Fixed Suppressors sometimes not replicating correctly when changing weapon in the loadout
- -Fixed a bug where the mission "the Agent" would be completed for only one player when the drone battery runs dry just after the conversation is finished
- -Fixed a bug where the player could not interact with the rally point door if another player finished watching the cinematic
- -Type 95 LMG's Extended magazines can now be used in-game upon purchase
- -Fixed the player surviving falls when sticking to a wall
- -Player can no longer take cover behind destroyed destructibles
- -Fixed the player occasionally shaking when taking cover
- -Fixed XP stuck for players in very rare occurrences
- -Fixed a bug allowing the player to prone and fire through walls
- -Fixed a bug where the player couldn't take cover when exiting a vehicle
- -The Santa Muerte helicopter now has the same handling as the others helicopters
- -Fixed vehicles not exploding when colliding with the train
- -Fixed a bug allowing the player to clip through walls with a motorcycle
- -Fixed a bug where the Unidad alert level could drop from 4 to 0 when a reinforcement wave is cleaned
- -The ADV Suppressor skill now properly affects damage reduction on all weapons.
- -Fixed a bug where a weapon would become unusable if equipped in the loadout while the player swapped weapons
- -Fixed a bug where the player could not re-equip the suppressor back on Silencio once they viewed the weapon without it in Gunsmith.
- -Fixed Amaru not having a radio voice while travelling by helicopter
- -Fixed missing sound effect when a boat collides with the shore
- -Fixed SAM detection sound repeating itself if the player exits the range in time
- -Fixed audio feedback on incoming missiles
- -Improved radio content randomization
- -Fixed a bug where the AI teammates would repeat the same idle dialogues several times
- -Fixed absence of sound when a helicopter crashes
- -Fixed narrative dialogues replaying after each redeployment
- -Fixed an occasional graphic corruption on the road texture when entering and exiting pause menu
- -Fixed graphic corruption when colliding a vehicle with a trash can
- -Fixed the Unidad costume clipping through the camera in First-person view
- -Fixed the NPCs not positioning correctly when entering a 30° inclined vehicle
- -The female ponytail hairstyle is no longer clipping with the Santa Muerte costume
- -Fixed a rare bug causing fps drops on long game sessions
- -XP boosters now display the number of hours they last
- -"New vehicle unlocked" pop-up won't activate every time a vehicle pack is collected
- -Fixed season pass appearing as broken in the store when already purchased
- -The "Compensator V2-SMG" can now be attached to SMG's
- -Repositioned Legend collectible in the Media Luna province
- -Fixed multiple places where the player could get stuck
- -Fixed various world building glitches
- -Fixed boats spawning on top of each other in Agua Verde
- -Fixed various crashes and glitches
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- -Multiple stability issues addressed
- -Solved a localization problem with the store page
- -Fixed a case where Task Force membership wasn’t properly displayed
- -Several Steam Controller tweaks and bug fixes
- -UI control reminders now change automatically from controller to mouse and keyboard upon mouse input
- -Solved mapping conflicts when remapping next or previous vehicle
- -Fixed an issue about the “hold” gauge when redeploying on team mates
- -Game language can be changed from Uplay launcher
- -The Loadout tab is now functional when switching from Factions tab with a controller
- -Right click now edits the selected weapon slot
We also implemented fixes and improvements for both Ghost Recon Network and Ghost Recon HQ.
We would like to thank you again for your enthusiasm and passion about Ghost Recon Wildlands. The development team will continue working on the game to bring you more updates in the future.
For more intel on Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands, please keep an eye on ghostrecon.com and be sure to visit our official forums and subreddit.
To keep track of your stats and find other Ghosts to join your Taskforce, log-in to the Ghost Recon Network and download the Ghost Recon HQ App.